In 1975, a group of community faith leaders came together to address the needs of Charlotte’s households in financial crisis. Crisis Assistance Ministry was born out of this vision.
Throughout our history, faith partners have played a key role in our mission, providing volunteer and financial support and referring families in need to help them further along toward stability. Today, houses of faith are integral to delivery of services to the working poor throughout Mecklenburg County.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can someone from Crisis Assistance Ministry speak to our congregation or group?
We would love to send a representative to speak about the work done at the agency and issues of poverty in our community. We also offer a 2-hour role-playing experience called a Poverty Simulation. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
How can individuals or groups volunteer?
There are many fun, rewarding volunteer opportunities at the agency for a wide range of ages and abilities. Please contact us at email@example.com to learn more.
How can our congregation or members make a financial donation?
Special offerings and contributions can be made in the following ways:
- Checks made out to Crisis Assistance Ministry, mailed to 500-A Spratt Street, Charlotte, NC 28206
- On-line credit card
We also accept matching gift programs, gifts of stock, bequests and insurance.
How can individual or church-wide material donations be made?
- If you have clothing and/or household items to donate, you may drop them off at our 500-A Spratt Street location. There is a drive-thru drop-off area where we will be happy to assist you.
- If you have furniture and/or major appliances to donate, please contact our Furniture Bank. Limited pick-up service is available for larger items.
- To arrange a clothing or furniture drive, please contact our Volunteer Manager or fill out the drive registration form.
What types of items do you need the most in your stores?
- Major appliances (refrigerators, stoves and washer/dryers)
- Kitchen/dining room tables and dinette sets, and chairs
- Mattresses, bedsprings, bedding foundations, and beds
- Dressers and chests of drawers
- Sofas and loveseats
- Household items (kitchenware, linens, towels and blankets)
- Men's and women's large-size clothing
Questions about how to get involved as a faith partner? Contact our Faith Relations Manager at 704.371.3001.