The perfect compliment to the Signature Dish of the Non-Event Gala is the Summer Cider Sangria brought to you by Bank of America. This recipe comes to you courtesy of GoodRoad CiderWorks. Special thanks to the crew at GoodRoad and Rick Benfield for their time and talents!
Summer Cider Sangria
- 1-1.5 cups Fig Jam, recipe below
- 2 peaches (pitted, sliced)
- 2-3 slices of watermelon, rind removed
- 1 liter of ginger cider, we used GoodRoad CiderWorks Waymaker
Time needed: 20 minutes.
If desired, make the fig jam recipe found below this recipe or just wash and puree figs and add to Sangria.
- Prep the fruit.
- Add jam, watermelon, and peaches to a food processor and puree.
- Put pureed fruit into a pitcher.
- Add cider to pitcher, garnish, and serve.
Fig Jam Recipe
- 1lb figs (washed, halved)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Add all of the ingredients to a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce until the mixture thickens and remove from heat. This should result in 1 to 1.5 cups of jam. You can use this in the sangria recipe as well as on toast or any other way you prefer to use jam.
After you enjoy those videos, make sure that you check out any of the other Non-Event Gala videos you may have missed.
Make a life-changing donation today: www.crisisassistance.org/community